Construction Project Management
You have a new construction or renovation project, but don't have the time or confidence to oversee the project. Your goal: The project needs to be completed on time, within the budget, and meet industry standards for quality.
The Solution: Construction Project Management
Steve Hill Construction Consulting, Inc. (SHCC) will act as your representative and manage the day-to-day aspects of the project from start to finish. What does that mean?
First of all, although licensed as a general contractor, SHCC does not hire subcontractors nor does SHCC self-perform construction work on projects. We feel that a much more valuable service is to represent property owners during a construction project. Here's why - the contractor makes his profit by marking up the cost of labor and materials, whether they perform the work or subcontract work out to others. Most contractors are very reputable and honest business professionals, but at the end of the day, they have a bottom line to meet.
As your agent, we have your best interests in mind. Here is how it works:
- Contact SHCC and let us know what your project entails.
- We will go over the details and establish a scope for our consulting services based on the needs of the project.
- We will assist you in the selection of contractors and design professionals, and review their bids.
- Throughout the project, we will meet regularly with the designers and contractors, review work completed, review invoices, and apply rigorous quality assurance practices.
- Every month, if not more frequently, we will provide you with thorough, yet easily digestible reports of progress and clearly identify any actions or decisions that you need to make.
As an owner representative, our role is not to control or direct the work of either the design professionals or the contractors. We are there to help you make better-informed decisions. Below is a diagram of the relationships in a typical project where SHCC is engaged as a project manager/owner representative:
As the Construction Project Manager or Owner's Representative, our service is fairly comprehensive and essentially combines many of the solutions that we offer. To learn more about some of the individual solutions included, please review the following pages: